To see a thriving, resilient local culture, powered by cooperation and realized through equitable access to healthy food.
To build a cooperative grocery store that responds to the needs of our community, contributes to a sustainable local food web, promotes cooperative values, and serves as a long-term investment in our local economy.
- Connecting our community to our awesome local food and wellness resources in a central location where food access has been limited.
- Growing an inclusive and welcoming cooperative community to form a mutually sustaining relationship to the grocery store.
- Providing jobs that are meaningful and offer advancement and a living wage.
- Empowering our community by creating accessible paths to store ownership and actively seeking owners to represent the diversity of our community.
- Promoting cooperative values by operating the business through cooperative principles including democracy, transparency, and equity, as well as a commitment to regenerative environmental practices and radical inclusivity.
- A development team and engaged community (2015-present).
- A feasibility study of a 10,000 sf store in central GR (2016).
- Expanding ownership (ongoing).
- Store location, investment opportunities, other funding secured (as we reach 1000 owners).
- Hiring GM and staff, store build out, growing to 1500 owners.
- GRAND OPENING!